part of offers each viewer passage on a wave. In the course of one cycle, pure abstraction and natural objects merge in the transition from eternity to the unstable present of the material world — and back again, to the point where the next wave will begin.
part of was made in collaboration with composer Jennifer Martin, to explore and reveal the intimate relationship between sound and picture. The film was shot direct to computer disk, using experimental stop-motion and time-lapse techniques.
- part of was awarded First Prize in the Short Category at Art in Motion, a one-day international festival of time-based media presented by the University of Southern California School of Fine Arts.
- part of was given a three star commendation in the 30th Canadian International Annual Film Festival, 1999.
- part of was first shown as a video installation at Edinburgh College of Art in December 1998.
- Nashville Independent Film Festival June 1999 (US premiere)
- Antimatter Festival of Underground Short Film and Video, Victoria B.C., September 1999.
- 12th Annual Virginia Film Festival, Charlottesville VA, October 1999
- Ajijic Festival Internacional De Cine, Mexico, November 1999
- 3rd Annual Hi/Lo Film Festival, San Francisco, November 1999
- Art in Motion International Festival of Time-based Media, USC, Los Angeles, January 2000.