An Sithean Press
An Sithean Press is a publishing imprint of MacAvon Media for children’s books and fiction.
An Sithean Press books are available worldwide in hardback, paperback and Kindle e-book editions.
The Tales from the Adventures of Algy
A series of exciting and unusual illustrated chapter books for children, suitable to be read alone by children aged 7 or 8 and upwards, or read aloud to those aged 5 and 6. Many adults also love Algy’s Tales, with the oldest known reader aged 89!
The stories all take place on the wild west coast of the Scottish Highlands, and feature the wild animals and birds, the beautiful, rugged landscape and the wild, unpredictable weather of this very special area. As one reviewer said, the writing “quite literally transports the reader to a far away place of sun, sea, islands, storms and beauty. You’ll think you’ve been there by the time you finish the story!”
Read the many reviews of Algy’s books by readers around the world.
A Surprisingly Fluffy Bird
- The first book in the series, introducing Algy, the most unusual and charming fluffy bird you could ever hope to meet! Algy is completely and utterly lost – at sea! When his tiny raft emerges from the swirling mist, Algy finally sees the rocky coast and hills of a foreign land… but can he manage to reach the shore and survive in this strange new place?
- ISBN (hardback): 978-0-9567370-0-5
- ISBN (paperback): 978-0-9567370-1-2
- 120 pages with 10 illustrations
- An Sithean Press, July 2015
The Tree With A Golden Heart
- The exciting second book in the series. When his special friend falls ill, Algy bravely undertakes a daring and magical adventure in search of the peculiar medicine that may help to cure his friend. As always, Algy encounters many friendly, helpful, and funny creatures, as well as some fearsome beasts, and his adventure is full of strange and exciting surprises, sprinkled with a handful of unusual poems and rhymes.
- ISBN (hardback): 978-0-9567370-4-3
- ISBN (paperback): 978-0-9567370-5-0
- 190 pages with 10 illustrations
- An Sithean Press, December 2015
The Magical Midwinter Star
- The third book in the series is a magical winter’s tale guaranteed to brighten up any dark or gloomy winter's day. In the chilly gloom of his first northern winter, Algy finds it hard to stay cheerful… until he discovers some mysterious objects in the rock pools and hears about a midwinter celebration which used to take place long ago, by the light of a magical star. A perfect winter bedtime story.
- ISBN (hardback): 978-1-910637-06-7
- ISBN (paperback): 978-1-910637-07-4
- 126 pages with 10 illustrations
- An Sithean Press, December 2016