A short film by Jenny Chapman
This film is composited from live footage and artwork which was created specially by the children of a remote Scottish community in order to send a message of peace to the world at a deeply troubled time. The drawn and painted images are the children's own, and bear witness to the impact of world events on their imaginations.
MESSAGE was made during the period of constant international tension and debate leading up to the weapons inspectors' reports to the United Nations in February 2003, and the worldwide protests against war with Iraq on 15th February.
- Natural sound recorded by Donald Holwill
- Made with the artwork and participation of the children of Kilchoan, Scotland, with special thanks to the 1st West Ardnamurchan Girl Guides.
- 'Chi M'in Geamradh/ I See Winter' by C&R MacDonald performed by Catherine-Ann MacPhee (CDTRAX 038) (P) 1991 Greentrax Recordings. Used by kind permission of Greentrax Recordings.
- Running time 4mins 22secs.
- This project was supported by Edinburgh College of Art. © MacAvon Media Productions 2003
- 2003 Columbine Award for short film, Moondance International Film Festival, May 2003.
- Bronze Remi Award for Experimental Film & Video: Live Action, 36th WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival, April 2003.
- Silver Award: Animation, Crested Butte Reel Fest, Colorado, August 2003.
- 2nd Best Independent Experimental Entry, 34th Canadian International Annual Film & Video Festival, November 2003.
- Moondance International Film Festival, Boulder, Colorado, USA, 15–18 May 2003 (world premiere).
- Crested Butte Reel Fest, Colorado, USA, 13–17 August 2003.
- Cinematexas International Short Film Festival: Cinemakids, Austin, Texas, USA, 13–14 September 2003.
- 1st Annual Artivist Film Festival, Hollywood, USA, 22–27 April 2004.